The Technical College Reykjavik aims to support students in setting clear goals in life and working to achieve them. The college offers guidance to those who have become addicted to drugs and our rules on tobacco, alcohol and other addictive substances are very clear.
Our rules are as follows:
- The use of alcohol and other substances is not allowed in the school or during school activities.
- Smoking and tobacco use is not allowed on the school premises.
- Establishments that serve alcohol are not allowed to post advertisements in the school. All advertisements that encourage substance use are forbidden.
- Students who have reached the age of 18 and are found to be using alcohol or illegal drugs during extra-curricular school activities will be requested to leave, parents or legal guardians of students younger than 18 will be contacted and requested to pick the student up. Students are then obliged to attend a meeting with the prevention councilor.
- Police are notified of all serious incidents, such as selling or negotiation of sales of alcohol and selling or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Students who do not comply with these rules may be expelled from the school.
The college has a prevention counselor whose role is to
- assist students in planning substance free activities.
- counsel students who are concerned about substance abuse, their own or that of friends or relatives.
- give educational talks and courses.
- assist teachers and staff if they believe that a student is abusing drugs or alcohol.
- assist those who abuse alcohol or other substances.
Guðlaug Kjartansdóttir is the school prevention counselor. She can be reached by email: firstname.lastname@example.org as well as in room 122 in the main building in Skólavörðuholt on Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30-13:15.