Students under 18 – Parents/guardians register sickness in Inna. They can also contact the school office by e-mail: [email protected]
Students over 18 – Students over 18 register sickness in Inna.
Please note that teachers and other school staff are not permitted to register absences for students.
How to register sick leave
Long Term illness
Students who suffer from long term illnesses or adverse life events that affect their attendance over the semester should contact a student counsellor.
Students who are unable to attend PE over the semester must hand in a doctor’s note within a week from getting their timetable.
Students can apply to get a leave of absence under special circumstances:
- Work for rescue teams (björgunarsveit)
- Loss of family member
- Trips/practices with national sports teams and musical studies
- Courses/study trips e.g. exchange student programmes
- Family trips (in special cases). Please note that leave is not granted for holiday trips
- Students never get absences for trips organized by the school
Teachers do not grant leaves of absence.
All leaves of absence are subject to approval from the vice-principal, Guðrún Randalín Lárusdóttir.